Friday, December 23, 2011

Our friend, Buddy

Buddy is our new friend this year during the Christmas season. I debated for a LONG time as to whether or not to get an Elf on The Shelf. Abi came home from school and talked about how they had an Elf at school. She shared with me how she was being extra good at school so Santa would put her on the "Nice" list. That's when I knew. This could be what I needed to keep the kids calmer and nicer to each other during the season. I sent Matthew to Target to make the purchase. He was reluctant, it is a little pricey, but he successfully brought home Buddy!!! We had just watched the movie Elf, so the kids and I picked out the name Buddy. I will have to say that he was worth EVERY penny. The kids LOVE him. They wake up every morning running and screaming as they search the house for Buddy. I simply say, "Don't do that, Buddy will tell Santa" or "If you treat your sister like that you will not be on the "Nice" list". And YES it works!!! No, it is not the answer to a perfect home and no it doesn't replace my role as disciplinarian, but it is a temporary fix for my sanity for a few weeks. And it is fun!!! This is what the kids found this morning. They were ECSTATIC to say the least.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same hang up as Matthew- I can't bring myself to pay for the durn thing. :) But they are pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete